- Spray oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 400ml water
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle of natural sweetener
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves garnish
1. Lightly spray a large saucepan with spray oil and place on medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 4 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, eggplant, zucchini and capsicum and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and golden brown.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes, water, oregano, balsamic vinegar, natural sweetener, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 30-40 minutes to allow all the flavours to come together.
4. Use a hand blender or food processor to blend until smooth, then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, just add more stock until desired consistency is achieved. Serve with fresh thyme leaves.
5. Serve with fresh basil leaves.
6. Enjoy!start your journey now