Prep time: 1o minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Grocery serves (per serve): 2 Vegetable serves, Limited Free Food serves
- Spray oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, shredded
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1-2 spring onions and coriander, finely chopped to garnish
- Lightly spray a saucepan with spray oil and place on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the onion and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, carrot and mushroom and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened and are slightly caramelised. Add water and bring it all to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the snow peas, cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Allow the soup to sit for 5 minutes before adding the miso paste.
- Add the miso paste to the soup and stir to combine. Sprinkle with spring onion and coriander when ready to serve.
Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans and is often used in traditional Japanese dishes. It’s very salty, so you don’t need too much, but it adds a deep savoury flavour to soups and salad dressings.
Enjoy!start your journey now