- Spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme to garnish
1. Lightly spray a large saucepan with spray oil and place on medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, cauliflower and cumin seeds and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add vegetable stock and skim milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to medium and let everything simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is very soft. (This time will vary depending on how large the florets are cut.)
4. Use a hand blender or food processor to blend until smooth, then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, just add more stock until desired consistency is achieved. Serve with fresh thyme leaves.
5. Enjoy!start your journey now