There is nothing more perfect then a fresh batch of these tasty cookies on ANZAC Day. Although if you want to try another twist on the classic ANZAC Cookie recipe try using quinoa flakes instead of oats – they are equally as good for you and a great way to get creative in the kitchen! You can also try pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or chia seeds in place of sunflower seed.
Grocery Count (per cookie): ½ Grain + 1½ Fat serves
You will need:
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1½ tbsp firmly packed brown sugar (If you prefer not to add the sugar, try using dates or a natural sweetener such as Stevia instead.)
- 1½ tbsp honey or golden syrup
- ¼ cup light olive, macadamia or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls and place onto the baking trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool and set.