You will need:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced and seeded
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp mixed dried herbs
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch chilli
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese*
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Wash the eggplant and cut down the middle length ways. Scoop out the flesh leaving a thickness of approximately ½ cm and set aside. Chop the flesh into small cubes and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and add the eggplant filling, celery, tomato, onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring often. You can cover with a lid to help the vegetables cook and add a little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Add the herbs, cumin, chilli and pepper as desired.
- Pour the mixture into the eggplant shells and top with reduced fat cheddar cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with Jenny Craig’s Chilli Con Carne!
Jenny Craig Client Information:
Grocery count (per serve): ½ Milk serve
*Use from your Milk serves.start your journey now