Christmas is a time for celebrations, time with family and friends and usually lots of food! Here are some of our delicious and nutritious recipes to inspire you to get creative (and healthy!) in the kitchen this Christmas Whether it be in the lead up to Christmas or on Christmas Day, we’ve got a recipe to suit any occasion.
- 2 ripe mangoes, skin removed and flesh diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ small red capsicum, diced
- ½ small green capsicum, diced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- In a bowl combine the prepared mango, red onion, capsicums and coriander.
- Drizzle with lime juice and season with pepper to taste. Toss all ingredients with the dressing.
- Top with red chilli, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to intensify the flavours then serve with a few coriander leaves to garnish.
- 50g rocket leaves
- ½ head lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 firm pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 80g reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free balsamic salad dressing
- Place rocket, lettuce and pear in a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle balsamic dressing over the salad mix, then top with crumbled feta. If preparing in advance, wait until just prior to serving to add the pear to prevent browning.
- 1/3 cup natural fat free yoghurt
- ½ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp natural sweetener, such as Stevia
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 1 white peach, diced
- 1 packet Jenny Craig Shortbread Bites, lightly crushed
- Mix the yoghurt, ricotta, vanilla extract and natural sweetener together until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon a dollop of the ricotta mixture into a glass then top with blueberries, alternating between the ricotta mixture, peaches and strawberries.
- Finish by crumbling Jenny Craig Shortbread Bites on top.