You will need:
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 80g reduced fat feta cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cans chopped tinned tomato
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Microwave zucchini for 4 minutes. Use a small spoon to scoop out the zucchini, leaving a ½ cm rim around the edges.
3. Roughly chop the scooped out zucchini and set aside.
4. Spray a non-stick frypan with oil and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onions and zucchini filling and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
5. When the mixture has slightly cooled, stir through the ricotta and feta cheese and season with pepper, nutmeg and cayenne (optional).
6, Lightly season the inside of the hollowed out zucchini with pepper, then fill with the cheese mixture. Pour tinned tomatoes onto the lined tray and arrange zucchini on top, ricotta side facing up.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until tender and golden on top.start your journey now