Adding fruit to salads is an easy way to add colour and really make a salad stand out. The bright red of the watermelon and pomegranate make this a perfect salad to bring along to a celebration on a hot day. The added benefit is that watermelons are 90% water so, when kept nice and cool, this salad is also very refreshing on one of those crazy hot December days.
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1/8 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint, leaves picked and finely sliced
- Pepper to season
- 160g reduced fat fetta cheese, cubed
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ pomegranate, deseeded
- Place rocket leaves, watermelon, red onion and mint in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Scatter fetta cheese over the top and drizzle with lime juice. Finish with the pomegranate seeds.
For more fantastic festive entertaining ideas, download the Get Inspired Festive Edition.start your journey now