Whether you’re hosting a special event or you’ve been asked to bring a plate to one, this salad is sure to please. It’s very easy to prepare, as you only need to cook the cherry tomatoes for a short time in the oven. This recipe could even make a nice lunch or dinner to share with the family as a main dish or as a side.
From a nutrition point of view, the tomatoes in this salad are a great addition to any diet. While technically tomatoes are a fruit, they are more often used as a vegetable. Tomatoes, come with vitamins like vitamin C, folate and potassium. They also have an antioxidant called lycopene, known to have some health benefits like being protective for your heart. The lycopene in tomatoes also increases as you cook your tomatoes.
- 3 packets Jenny Craig Cheesy Pesto Pasta, thawed
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- ½ red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leave
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Arrange the salad by placing spinach leaves onto a serving plate and topping with thawed Jenny Craig Cheesy Pesto Pasta, sliced capsicum, red onion, roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Season with fresh lemon juice.
start your journey now