Grocery count (per serve): Free Food recipe
- ½ cup green beans (string beans), cut into 5cm lengths
- ½ bunch asparagus (stems and tips), cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 cup lettuce (try butter or cos lettuce)
- ½ cup water cress
- ½ cup cucumber (skin on), chopped into 2cm chunks
- ½ cup button mushrooms, quartered 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, halved
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Blanch prepared green beans and asparagus for one minute in boiling water. Immediately rinse under cold water, then set aside.
- Remove watercress leaves from stems.
- Toss all ingredients together with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!