Platters are a great way to serve healthy Free Foods for your loved ones whilst also staying on track with the program. This recipe is just a guide as you can use any of your favourite fruits or veggies to build your own platter. Try to select fruits and vegetables that are in season and don’t be afraid to include lots of different colours, shapes and textures to keep it vibrant and exciting.
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into sticks
- 3 sticks of celery, cut into sticks
- 2 small cucumbers, cut into sticks and/or rounds
- Handful of green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of grapes
- 1 punnet of berries (omit if not in season)
- 1 passionfruit, halved
- 1 apple, sliced
- Goats cheese or Reduced fat ricotta cheese or Reduced fat tasty cheese
- Place Cucumber Dip into a serving bowl and place in the centre of a large serving platter. Arrange cheese around the platter, then lay vegetable sticks across the platter.
- Arrange crackers (if using) around the outside and fill any gaps with the fruit.
- Remember that you can use your milk serves when you have a portion of the dip or if you choose goats cheese or reduced fat cheese varieties (including feta, ricotta and yellow cheese).
- Try and serve yourself a plate and add your Milk and Fruit serves so you can keep track of how much you are consuming. Once you have had all your Milk and Fruit serves, you can continue to snack on as much of the free vegetable foods as you like.
Cucumber Yoghurt Dip:
- 2/3 cup fat free plain yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.