With Grandfinal Season here it can mean a lot of time sitting in front of the TV screen with the addition of eating and drinking temptations. Don’t despair, if you have the motivation to continue towards your weight loss goals, we have the Food, Drink and Activity strategies for you!
There are several Jenny Craig lunches and dinners that suit football and car racing perfectly! Hearty Beef Pie, Ham & Cheese Toastie or Pizza, just to name a few! Not to forget all the amazing snacks to choose from – Popcorn, Crisps or a Sundae!
We recommend talking to your consultant about creating a Personalised Menu for your week.
Want Hot Chips? Many free foods can provide you with the crunch and taste you desire:
- 3 Carrots
- Black pepper
- Spray Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and cut carrots into thin French fry sized strips.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with pepper and spray with oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crispy, turning once.
Try some of these variations:
To make spicier chip, sprinkle with cayenne pepper or curry powder before baking.
Sprinkle the chips with ground cinnamon and ginger before baking.
Crispy Baked Broccoli
- 1 Broccoli head
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare cooking tray with baking paper.
- Wash broccoli and chop into florets (as evenly sized as possible).
- Add the soy sauce, garlic and onion powder in a bowl and stir.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl and coat in sauce.
- Spread evenly onto baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until broccoli is softened and has started to crisp up at the edges.
- Oil spray
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Spray the inside of a large zip lock bag with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric and pepper into the bag.
- Add cauliflower and shake until well coated.
- Bake on a baking paper covered tray for 20 minutes.
- Be creative and try different herbs and spices to your liking!
Alcohol, especially Beer, adds significant kilojoules, making weight loss more difficult. But there is hope! Light beer has significantly less kilojoules than full strength beer. Alternate alcoholic drinks with a glass of water, soda water or mineral water. Add fresh lemon, lime, mint or fresh fruits to infuse your drink.
Or, try a Frappe:
(serves 4, 1 Fruit serve per serve)
- 2 cups pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup soda water
- 4 slices of lime to serve
- Add pineapple, orange juice and lime juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the soda water and ice cubes. Pulse the blender until the ice cubes are crushed and the ingredients are blended. Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy! If you prefer an icier frappe, add more ice cubes to your liking.
Or, try a Slushy:
Berry, Melon and Mint Slushie
(serves 2, 1 Fruit serve per serve)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup berries – choose berries to your liking
- 1 cup watermelon
- ½ cup shredded mint
- Place ice, berries and watermelon in a blender and combine until smooth.
Stir through mint and serve.
While watching your favourite players run around the field it is important that you still achieve your activity goals. Some of these ideas may help you add some different kilojoule burning ideas:
- Celebrate the day with a kick of the football yourself. Grab some friends and the kids and go to a local park in the morning. If you get your exercise done before kick-off you can relax for the rest of the day. If you are unable to do any exercise on the day, ensure you plan extra the day before or the day after.
- Activate the TV ads. Decide on some exercises to do during the ads or the breaks of the game. Do some sit ups, push ups, squats, skip rope or go on the treadmill.
- Have some fun with the score. When someone scores you need to do some form of exercise until the restart bounce (AFL) or until the conversion is kicked (NRL).