With Halloween on our doorstep it is easy to slip a little too far into the trick and treating and find yourself off track. But here are some great recipes and tips that will ensure you avoid the scary scales results.
Tips to Halloween success:
- Eat before Trick or Treating – have your Jenny Craig meal and some extra Free Foods so you are satisfied and will find it easier to resist temptation.
- Keep carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks and/or capsicum sticks to snack on. Dip in tomato salsa for some extra zing!
- Drink water throughout – don’t mistake hunger for thirst!
- Wait till the last minute to buy the treats and keep them out of sight.
- Go for a walk with the kids if they are Trick or Treating. Chew on sugar-free chewing gum or have sugar-free mints or lollies to resist putting sweets in your mouth!
- Save your favourite Jenny snack for when people around you are eating treats.
- Remember Halloween is only a ONE day event, not a week or month. Once Halloween is over, get all of the treats out of the house.
- Weigh the Pros and Pros – write down the pros of indulging in the Halloween goodies versus the pros of sticking to your weekly plan.
Healthy Halloween treats:
BURRITO SPLAT (Bean & Cheese Burrito)
(Requires ½ milk serve for cheese)
Thaw your Bean and Cheese Burrito, unfold and evenly spread filling around the Tortilla. Then evenly spread 2 tablespoons of Salsa over the filling.
Top the Salsa with slices of red and green capsicum, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of low fat, grated Mozzarella Cheese and a few shakes of Italian mixed herbs.
Bake in oven at 180-200 degrees Celsius for approx. 20 minutes, or until crisp.
Serve topped with Rocket.start your journey now