Getting back to your usual lifestyle after holidays can be difficult. Whether it be getting back to work or the kids going back to school, often the feeling of relaxation from holidays wears off quickly and life is busy once again. Holidays may be a time where you indulge a little too much, so it’s important to get back on track and into healthy habits again once they are over. This is where developing a routine can help you save time and energy and make the transition easier. So, where do you start?
Plan your week
• Set up a calendar or diary and determine what days are your busiest and which days you have more free time.
• Plan your meals for the week, this will help you create a shopping list.
Decide what to do with your free time
• Save time throughout the week and do your shopping at the beginning, making sure you have all the grocery items you’ll need for the week.
• Prepare your veggies in bulk or have more convenient options (like frozen vegetables) ready for days that are busier.
• Plan time for exercise, on days where you have more time, mix it up and go for a long walk or try a different gym class.
• Remember to practice some mindfulness each day, even on busy days, take 5 minutes in the morning or before bed for yourself.
• Most importantly, remember to make time for your Jenny Consultation each week. If you can no longer make your usual day or time, find a time that better suits your lifestyle. Your Consultant is there to help you through any challenges you may face and help you get back on track towards your goals.