Now that school and work are nearly back in full swing, it’s time to find some easy ways to get into routine for the year ahead.
How to create routines that work for you
When it comes to getting back into routine, there are five steps :
- Become clear on your intentions. A good routine can ease stress and make it simpler to fit in everything you want to achieve. To get there, you’ll want to ask yourself some questions. Why is this routine important to you? What do you want to get out of it?
- Try one thing at a time. If you attempt to make six big lifestyle changes at once, those habits will be hard to stick to. But one is achievable, and from there you can add another and another as you get used to each.
- Be strict on yourself to start. You might need to firmly stick to your new goals at first, to start the process of turning a routine into a habit.
- Allow time to relax. Rest time is vital, so don’t forget to allow time while you’re getting back into routine to take a break and refresh yourself.
- Review it every so often. No routine lasts forever, so it’s a good idea to set time aside – once a quarter can be worthwhile – to consider what’s working and what needs to change.
When life doesn’t go to plan
Think about the things that might set you off track, whether it’s a busy period coming up at work or a time of year that you find it hard to stay motivated.
Once you’re aware of the things that will potentially hit your routine, you can try to prepare for them. That might mean getting some meals into the freezer so you have healthy food on hand during a busy time, or speaking to your Jenny Craig Consultant for support in planning menus.
If your routine falters – and it’s likely that it will at some point – that’s okay! Getting back on track is all about putting your mindset onto a helpful path. It can be good to think of it as a break instead of a fall off the wagon, so that you can move back into your preferred habits without getting down on yourself.
After all, a routine can only be positive if you believe in it.start your journey now