Weekends can make it difficult to stay on track – with more time it is far too easy to slip into bad habits and make the wrong choices. Here are some great tips and tricks to help you stay on course and still enjoy your weekend.
1. It is critical to plan ahead. “Failing to plan is planning to fail. Hope is not a plan” (Harrison Jones). Don’t get caught unprepared, when heading out and about make sure you have snacks and/or fruit with you in case the day changes and you end up being out longer.
2. Set your goals for the weekend on the Friday night – what do you want to achieve and how are you going to do it? Write a list and stick to it. This will motivate you to stay on track and not fall into the trap of indulging.
3. Start your weekend off strong with a good decision, go for a morning walk or run. This will help set the precedent and make those bad choices a little harder to make.
4. Plan your treats, plan ahead and pre-arrange your treat – it could be a meal out or a saving that Jenny Craig Sticky date Pudding for Saturday night! This will give you something to look forward to and mean you are less likely to indulge further.
5. Dining out can be a minefield of temptation, so check menu of the restaurant or eatery online to see what is available. Plan what you are going to have in advance and be sure to order first so you don’t change your mind.
6. With a little more time up your sleeve treat yourself with a ‘fun’ Jenny Craig breakfast for the weekends. Wholemeal Pancakes, Egg and Bacon Bun, Apple Berry Brekkie Cup. Use free foods to increase and change the taste of the meal.
7. Make it ‘you’ time – get out and get active. This will burn kilojoules and take some thought away from eating. Try a different adventure each week, or one weekend a month. Rock climbing, kayaking, paddle boarding. Weekends are about time with family and friends or just to enjoy by yourself. Focus on this and don’t make weekends about food and alcohol.
8. Continue to eat regularly. Do not skip meals or let yourself get to that over hungry stage. Veggie sticks are a great snack through the day – carrot, celery, capsicum, snow peas, cherry tomatoes etc.
9. Water! Plenty of water through the weekend. Don’t mistake thirst for hunger. Fill your water bottle up before you leave home and carry it with you all day. You could also try Soda Water with lime and mint as an alternative to water.
10. Remember your why? Why is your goal weight so important to you? What are you looking forward to at your goal weight? Stop and think – will this choice take me closer to my goal or further away? Which one is more important to me?start your journey now