No one likes bland, tasteless food, and at Jenny Craig we pride ourselves on creating meals that are delicious while also being nutritious. If you’re looking for more ways to really get your tastebuds tingling, read on for our great flavour hacks that will have your mouth watering!
First things first, Free Foods are your best friend! Free Foods such as non-starchy vegetables, herbs and spices are very low in kilojoules and help to add variety and flavour to your menu. Adding Free Foods to your Jenny Craig meals will really amp up the taste, with the added bonus of helping you feel fuller for longer.
So, if you’re after a little dose of extra flavour, here are some great ways to give your meals that added boost!
- Fresh or dried herbs and spices are rich in antioxidants and can add so much flavour to your meal, and can transform the simplest meals into exotic dishes.
- Garlic, ginger and turmeric – these ingredients pack a real flavour punch, and a little goes a long way! Perfect to stir fry with your favourite veggies.
- Mustards are another great way to enhance and add bold flavours to your food.
- Lemon juice and vinegars are great for not only salad dressings but also to add additional depth to stir fries and other meals.
- Gherkins/pickles are a great addition to your salads.
- Horseradish adds a lot of flavour and a little heat to food. Try mixing ½ tsp in to your salad dressing, but be careful not to use too much, a little goes a long way!
- Sauerkraut is another great side to add a hit of flavour to your meals, with the added bonus of being terrific for your gut health.
- Seaweed is high in the amino acid glutamate, which is thought to give seaweed its umami flavour. Sprinkle dried seaweed over your salads or stir fried veggies for a crunchy, slightly salty flavour hit. It’s also high in iodine, a nutrient many Australians are deficient in!
- Miso paste is perfect for adding an exotic, umami flavour to your food. Try adding it to hot water with some non-starchy vegetables like bok choy or Chinese broccoli for a delicious soup.
- Bring a Mexican twist to some of your Jenny Craig snacks, like our Oregano and Thyme Crunchies by whipping up a salsa.
For more food tips and recipes click here.start your journey now